Friday, March 4, 2016

Valentimes

Valentines Day is always interesting. We had a lot of fun, but you always try to make it out of the ordinary every year. This Studio C sketch is scarily accurate about Valentine's Day, haha.


Luckily for Sam, I don't expect too much from him. I was perfectly happy with some donuts and a pot of little tulips he got for me this year. In fact, any more feels excessive. I wish I could set the same standard for myself. To make it special, I decided to plan several dinner and activity ideas, associate them with a random picture, and have Sam pick one of each. That way, we both did not know what we were going to do for Valentine's Day!

Sam chose a picture of a bowling ball. I wanted to trick him. Since it is a rolling ball, we were going to eat sushi rolls. There is a restaurant called Pacific Paradise in town that has really awesome food (but we only eaten there once before). I blind folded Sam and he tried to guess based on turns where we were eating. But it didn't really matter if I blind folded him because he still would have had no idea where we were going. The food was so so good, and we loved the Fire Rolls we got (a must at this place- they even set the plate on fire for kicks).


But then Sam picked the picture that represented bowling anyway: a bowl. So it was fate we were to bowl for Valentine's Day. We brought our kids because we thought Joey would love bowling. But he got bored of it rather fast and it turned into a game for us to see if we could keep Joey away from the other lanes. Still a little too young, I guess. I am terrible at bowling and feel self-conscious every time I go, but it wasn't too bad this time. Sam felt loved, and that was the most important part! And next year we'll accept people's offer of babysitting.


And for kicks, here is Joey's art in the bath tub with color tabs. He "made" a valentine on Valentine's Day, but he ended up playing while Sam and I finished it up. We don't have a picture of it, sorry.


Hope your February was good!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

Your Valentine's date looked so fun! Next year pick a different day to represent Valentine's Day and have us babysit so you won't have to chase Joey around! ;-)