Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer Time!


Summer is here for us!  We did really well this semester, but are sooo glad it's over.  It was a killer semester for Sam and I'm glad to have my husband back.  These are the things occupying our summer.

Sam takes the MCAT in a little over a week and is studying hard.  To study we're having to buy old MCAT tests online each day for $35 a piece.  It's worth it, right?

I have a summer job, but I'm not sure when and where I will be working for another two weeks.  I hope it's still at the same elementary school I'm working at right now!  Sam is going to work also at his old nursing job, but he's taking a break for MCAT studying and is going to shadow a doctor somewhere else for a letter of recommendation to medical school.

Sam also signed up for a summer course in July so he can receive his double major in Chemistry and Spanish.  I didn't realize how expensive summer courses are!  But I have to get used to these expenses especially for medical school.

We're coming up on a year of being married.  Best year of my life!

In June my family is hoping to go to a beach house down in Mexico and is inviting us to come along.  I've been to that beach house before and it is really nice.  It will be fun having Sam down there with me because not only is he my best friend, but he speaks Spanish!  It will make grocery shopping more fun.

Lastly, I have a new calling in church!  It surprised me, but I'm up for the challenge to be the first counselor in the primary presidency!  Sam still is executive secretary and second counselor in the stake Sunday school.  We also work at the temple once a month.  Busy busy busy!!

To celebrate summer, I photoshopped some photos to give them a more summer glow.  Let me know what you think.


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Before:


After:


Yay for summer!!  Do you have any plans for the summer?

1 comment:

Celestine said...

What a great start to your second summer together. It's hard to believe you were married almost a year ago!
You two are our role models! We are so grateful that you found each other and for your happy, loving example.

I love every moment I get to spend with you, and I'm so glad you live here in town! Keep doing your best, and enjoy each new day. I love you!!