Monday, September 20, 2010

One more week!

20 September 2010 (Chile's Bicentennial!)

The miracles have continued as we have worked here in Vallenar. I am loving every minute here in the mission field! :)

This week, on the 18th of September, we celebrated Chile's bicentennial -- it's been 200 years since Chile became a free country! That also means that everyone took the week off... everyone except us missionaries, of course. We got to work and did our best to find families at home and teach! And it went really well! I'm sending a lot of pictures that we took this week. We went to a little activity we had as a branch where we ate a lot of meat and the kids danced the "Cueca", Chile's national dance. I learned how to throw a top, and we had lots of fun with that as a zone. :) We also took some pictures of the usual scenery here in Chile, which I will really miss when I come home: the dogs on top of walls and houses, the beautiful city view of Vallenar, the hundreds of Chilean flags, etc. I hope you enjoy the pictures I sent!

This week, we did our best to find and teach, but one bad thing is that both Elder Shim and I both got a little sick, which totally sapped all of our energy! But, we continued faithful until the end, and though we had to rest more than we would have liked, the Lord blessed us in every aspect of the work. I went to the little coastal city of Huasco to work again on Tuesday, and it went really well. We taught many investigators, and the Spirit was our powerful companion. I've come to really appreciate and search diligently for the companionship of the Holy Ghost in all teaching opportunities, for as it says in the scriptures, "if ye have not the Spirit, ye shall not teach." We can tell when the Spirit is with us because we always come out feeling energized, excited, uplifted and edified. When we have a lesson without the guidance of the Spirit, we know right away! There is no way to produce lasting conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ without the power and influence of the Spirit of God.

For my final week here in the mission, I am planning on doing my very best! I know that this is the Lord's work, and through every decision we make and every action we take, we are laying the foundation of a great work. I love you all and pray for you every day. Thank you for your letters of support and encouragement -- they really help me from week to week to put my shoulder to the wheel and push along!

I love you all, and I can't wait to see you again. Take care, and have a wonderful week!



















No comments: