Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Winter Storm!!!!

Here are some pics of the latest storm we had here in Albuquerque! These were taken around my dorm. The storm was bad enough to delay school for 2 hours, meaning that I don't go to class until 11 am. Ack! What am I going to do until then???

So, I have to ask myself, "Why delay school for this?" Maybe the roads are a bit icy. Maybe there's a ton of snow a couple blocks away that I didn't see. Or maybe we New Mexicans just don't know how to drive with a little dusting of snow on the road. Of course, I'm not complaining that school is delayed (well, maybe just a little). What's worse is that all of the public schools are actually closed. Weird, eh? But, I did have a good swim this morning. ;)

5 comments:

Big Blog Collection said...

Interesting blog. We invite you to list it in our new Blog Directory and share it with others.

Be one of the first to list your blog

Tresann said...

I agree with you Sam! Kinda weird but i always look forward to having a few hours off, if not the whole day! =)

Jessica Hobbs said...

wow--a delay for THAT??!? INSANE!!!!

Krista said...

Is that even snow?

S.A.D. said...

I hope there was some more snow elsewhere. I can still see grass. Oh, and congrats on the new sport...swimming. I am sure you are enjoying yourself. One thing that helped me when I started out was gaining control of my body's buoyancy. If you feel heavy in the water, work on your back float and your front float. Good luck!