Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Back!

Hey Everyone!

I thought you should know that I'm back from my mission! I guess you could have guessed that, and I think I've seen pretty much everyone anyways. But, I forgot to keep my fantastic blog updated, so I must apologize! I want to thank my family for keeping my emails posted these last two years. I'll do my best to keep the blog running!

Well, lots has happened in the past few months since I've been home. Since I don't really feel like writing it all down, I'll post some pictures so you can see what I've been up to. Here are a few pictures from the last week I spent in Chile. The four studly missionaries that always seem to be together are the same that roomed together in the MTC! We are: Elder Hill, Elder Mortensen, Elder Eddenfield, and me. :)

My mission president and his wife, President and Sister Bruce:

At the Matamoro family's house, where we had a really nice get together with a few of our converts.

We had a really nice visit with the Fritis family as well:

Here we are at the airport! By the way, "disponible" in Spanish means "available." Haha!

We had a full day in Santiago waiting for the plane to the States, so we were able to go to a session in the temple. It was the greatest way to end our mission!

Now that I'm back in the States, I'm getting adjusted to the "normal" life. I think I'm pretty much de-missionized, although I will never forget the lessons I learned and the people I met. These were truly the best two years, as of yet... Though I have no doubt that the coming years will be even more fulfilling and joyous! Here are some photos of our first real family get together when we celebrated all the October birthdays in the family:

Family outings aren't the only thing occupying my time now. School has started up and I'm working for a company called Nursefinders were I do home healthcare. In addition to that, I am going out with a girl named Kiley Kartchner! Which, of course, is the best part about being home, along with the time that I can spend with my family. So, sorry all you ladies out there, but I am no longer "disponible." :) We have spent almost every day together, and Kiley has quickly become my very best friend. Since I can't possibly give you all the details of the dates and things, here are some pictures:

You'll notice that there are a lot of pictures of food. That's only because it's one of the most inexpensive and fun dates there is: cooking!

To sum everything up in a nutshell: I am loving life. I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all the blessings that come from our Savior, especially as we are true and faithful to the commandments we've been given. I am grateful to all of my family and friends that make this journey of life so much more exciting and fulfilling. I hope you are all doing well!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

Thank you for sharing that wonderful posting! I loved the photos of the end of your mission in Chile and all the photos of you and Kiley together! I love you so much, Sam.

I know that Heavenly Father has always watched over you and is aware of your thoughts and feelings. I am grateful that he has blessed you with love and happiness in finding Kiley. I also know that Kiley has been equally blessed through her relationship with YOU! What a lucky and blessed pair you two are!!