Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Mexico 2021

 I didn't realize how busy the summer of 2021 was until I started pulling all the pictures for this blog. My family rented the usual beach house for the end of July and it was the first time for a while that we were close enough to come! I braved driving four kids for seven hours without Sam. I never did it since...

It was so nice to be at the beach house again! And I'll admit that the beaches here are nicer than in Santa Monica. The water was cleaner, warmer, and the beach was much less crowded. And there's the house right there!! The kids and I were housed in the "yellow" room, or the room with a bunk and queen bed. It worked nicely for our family. Sadly, I don't remember specific details of the trip, but I hope it comes to me as I write this.

I started off driving to Phoenix, as my family usually breaks the drive up on the way there. Sadly my sister Devery and her family ended up having Covid right before and couldn't come down, so my parents had some extra beds in their hotel room and I decided to come down a day early. Then my mom was sweet to drive into Mexico with me. The kids did pretty good as far as I remember. It was just hard having a little baby I had to stop and feed often. I think my sister Heidi had a harder time as the shell above their car fell off and they lost a few items, including a breast pump (she was pumping for her twins at the time). 

Some of the things we did were boogie boarding, sand castle building, night beach walks, tide pool exploring, beach volleyball games, and board game playing. In town we went to the souvenir shops, ate ice cream, and tried to eat out together (there was a huge wait at the usual place so some of us had to go eat somewhere else. Still tasty!) We ended up finding a piñata for Eden's 3rd birthday and had a blast. Overall a nice trip, and hopefully we get to go again soon. 

Why hello, ocean!

Having fun in the sand.

Joseph in his element.

My attempt at making an orca in the sand.

Getting buried.

Eden trying to destroy my poor orca.

On the beach with my babes.

I love Ryker in the background!


Piñata time!

We couldn't find a smaller piñata...oh well!


Jackpot!

At least the big piñata made good party hats!

One of my favorite pictures of the trip :)

Another favorite: the twins with the twins!

When not on the beach, this is where I would find the boys.

We found an octopus!

Joseph was right there with it the whole time!


Look at Grandma with Noah Bug!

There were a lot of crabs out at night.

Grandma holding her youngest grandbabies! They sure don't look like that now!

So long, beautiful beach! 

I never realized how amazing it is to have a house literally on the beach. After living 20 minutes from a beach, it still isn't close enough to really enjoy it. Anyway, hopefully there will be a next time soon!

No comments: