Thursday, January 26, 2023

Holla Ween 2021

Halloween 2021: one for the books. Although it's been over a year, I'll write what I remember. First off, one thing to know about me is my current obsession with the cartoon Avatar: the Last Airbender. It first aired when I was around 13 and I watched some of it, but I was already aging out of cartoons and since it was a storyline, it was hard to follow along without seeing all the episodes. Anyway, it came on Netflix in 2020 and I. Was. Amazed. The storyline, animation, character development, world building, and music were phenomenal. So I wanted to dress Noah as Aang. Here's his homemade costume:
<3

We decided to find a pumpkin patch that wasn't too far from us, which means it was in the middle of LA. This one was in Culver City and it was pretty cute! We did have to pay extra money to do the activities, but at least the entrance fee went towards picking out a pumpkin. Enjoy the photos!










Eden was still not 100% pooping in the potty and sadly
we forgot the diaper bag in the car when she had an accident here. Whoops!



After getting our pumpkins Sam invited his co-fellow and fiancee over to carve them and have lunch. They also brought their dog Huey, who was super cute.

Nick had an injured finger from cutting himself on a can. Reminds me of Joseph...

Sam, the most expert carver among us.

The finished jack-o-lanterns!

Joseph picked an axolotl.

Eli chose a flame face.

Eden chose Pikachu.

Unicorn skeleton!



Trick or treating around the kids' school.

Onto the Trunk-or-Treat! I think everyone had a great time. People at least recognized the kids' costumes, so success! They had outdoor activities by the church's ball field and of course had cars set up to pass candy. Here are the official costumes:

Joseph as a pokemon trainer.

Eli with mine craft diamond armor
(we took away the sword as he got in trouble one too many times...)

Eden as Mimikyu the pokemon. This was originally Joseph's costume
but he didn't want to wear it since it looked too girly to him. Eden gladly wore it instead.

Daddy with the last airbender!

Our pumpkins in all their glory. Note the one that looks pink-- a patient gave it to
Dr. Schwartz who then gave it to Sam. It's fake so now it will forever be ours!

Our trunk.

Actual Halloween night.

On actual Halloween Sam just took the kids down our street and called it good. A step up from the year before where the kids trick-or-treated in our upstairs! We really enjoyed our first Halloween in LA.

No comments: