Wednesday, March 26, 2025

Spring Break 2025: Houston

I wanted to catch up on the blog, but we recently went on a big trip that I didn't want to forget the details of! I will go out of order and write about our recent spring break and all our adventures. We took a road trip on I-10 eastbound until we reached the end at Jacksonville, FL. Then we went south to Orlando to go to a couple amusement parks. We never did a road trip like this because we made daily stops to do something in each state. I'll break it up into a few blog posts so I don't make one giant one.

First stop, Houston! We took the kids out of school a couple hours early after getting everything ready and hit the road. I wanted to stop at Buc-Ee's for dinner, and they had so many choices! Sam and I both got brisket. Joseph got random items like fruit, boiled eggs, and olives. It's so big inside, too! We ended up stopping at Buc-Ee's for gas and bathroom breaks a few more times this trip. It's a pretty cool place!

With the Beaver himself!

Our hotel was great! The kids immediately got in their swimsuits (even though the pool was cold) and went for a swim. Our room had three beds AND a pull-out bed, the most beds we had this trip. It even had a kitchenette! And the breakfast was nice. I can't say the same for a few of the hotels we stayed at on this trip...

Couldn't wait any longer!

I didn't dare go in...too cold!

Look at this cutie-patootie!

One room had two beds.
And another room just for mom and dad!
Joseph took the couch.
Eden reading to her little brother...too precious!

We debated between the NASA space museum and Meow Wolf. They recently opened up a location in Houston and the kids wanted to see it. I did too, to be honest, so that's what we ended up doing!

I guess each Meow Wolf has a story to follow, and this Meow Wolf followed a Radio Station that found itself in an alternate dimension. I wanted to solve the mystery of how that happened, but with kids, it was better just to enjoy the art and mysteries in each room. The art was really weird and really cool.

These guys sang in weird voices when you touched them.

 

Felix became one of the radio hosts...we don't know what he is. He was snoring the whole time.
We found Batsy, another radio host, in a file cabinet. It was kind of a jump scare!

Space drinks.

A weird bakery display window.
A fun claw machine to play with.
Cowboix Hevvven, a space tavern we came across.
Eden singing into the microphone.
We bought cool 3-D glasses to view some of the art. Joseph wore them the whole time.

Getting a group photo!
I think one of the radio hosts...died? He was crusted over with these glow things.

Fun glowing drinks.

Last photo!

I would definitely go back (although it was somewhat pricey) to explore the rooms more in-depth. It is really hard to explain Meow Wolf other than it just needs to be experienced. The artists are so talented! Weird, but talented! After Meow Wolf, we hit the road to New Orleans.

1 comment:

Celestine said...

There was never anything that cool in Houston when we lived there 40 years ago! I'm so glad you and Sam and the kids got to experience some of the FUN things in Houston! Love you all!!!