July was filled with many trips, but we still had a little life left to live in Los Angeles!
My dad drove back with us from Mexico (so nice of him!) and we decided to go to the Getty Museum since we never went yet. It's a cool place, but I don't know if I would consider it "kid-friendly". Lots of nudity in the art, oh well.
 |
| Simon of Trent, the Boy Martyr. Sad story behind this little guy! |
 |
| Irises by Van Gogh, |
 |
| Beautiful gardens! The succulents in Los Angeles have always ben unreal. |
 |
| Our garden baby. |
 |
| Old and intricate chess set. |
 |
| Minerva, Roman goddess of wisdom. |
 |
| More in the garden. |
Our ward held weekly barbecues in the summer every year and it was the best way to get to know people. It was also the best way to say goodbye 😭.
 |
| Playing on the baseball field behind the church. |
 |
| Eden and her sweet friends. |
 |
| I mean, how cute are they?? |
Elijah had one last test in Kung Fu. That was a hard goodbye too. He made so much progress and I think it created a good foundation for him.
Sam had his 34th birthday! I made him a Texas sheet cake and then we went to Golf n' Stuff to celebrate. This is the amusement park they filmed in the original Karate Kid.
 |
| Sam's request every year! |
 |
| Go Karts were the favorite! |
 |
| Noah got to ride along too! |
A sweet sister in our ward came to say goodbye and got a picture of our family. Looks about right!
And that's that. We went to Jared and Jenny's cabin in Utah then moved right after that. It took a while for the pangs of sadness to go away when thinking about California. It was such a special time for our family. We loved the people, the schools, Sam's job, the weather, the places, the shops, the plants and "wildlife", and our neighborhood. What I don't miss is anything having to do with cars (driving, parking, cost of gas, cost of parking, etc.) and the cost of living. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! We were able to do a lot more than I originally thought and we had some really wonderful experiences. Until next time, California!
1 comment:
Another wonderful blog post, Kiley! I'm so glad you and your family could experience life in L.A. and make the most of those two years! What a blessed and happy time you all had! I'm also glad we could come visit you in L.A.! Love you all so much!!!
Post a Comment