Perhaps we could have done more for our (not so) little man, but I think he had a good birthday this year. We celebrated it on multiple days, as on his actual birthday we had an incredibly busy day with little to no time for celebrations. Here are some of the few things we did for Joseph's birthday.
Super Mario Bros Movie:
This was a fun one! This was a much-anticipated event for our little family given our children's obsession with anything Mario. And I thought they did a great job on it! It had fun Easter Eggs my kids enjoyed and a cute storyline. This was the first movie I distinctly remember hoping that they make a sequel. That and it was the first movie in a long time I asked Sam to look up when it comes out so we could buy it. That was mainly because our kids look at videos of other people playing Mario games and prefer to put this on instead. Two thumbs up!
 |
| Lunch at Wendy's afterward. |
The next day Joseph wanted to open his presents early so we did it throughout the day. The first one was the one we were excited to give him:
 |
| An Apple Watch! Now we can keep track of him and he can contact us if he needs to. |
 |
| Showing off his new toy! |
Universal Studios:
Later that day we went to Universal one last time before our passes expired. We spent it at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (we weren't crazy enough to try to go back to Nintendo World!).
 |
| Waiting to see Olivander's. |
 |
| Using his fancy wand one last time! |
 |
| Trying spells throughout the park. |
 |
| Zonko's Joke Shop 😊 |
 |
| One last pose! And one last sip of butter beer. |
 |
| One last playground visit. |
 |
| We couldn't resist hitting the block near the exit! |
 |
| Time for Menchie's (lucky Joseph, getting so many little things for his birthday!) |
 |
| Modeling his new watch. |
He opened the rest of his presents getting back:
Snake Cake:
Joseph was going back and forth about what kind of cake he wanted, but we settled for a watermelon-flavored cake with a hognose decoration. We've been watching hyperrealistic cake videos ("we" meaning me and the kids) and he wanted the hognose to be hyperrealistic. So I found a recipe for modeling chocolate and took a crack at it. For the first time I don't think I did terrible!
Using my cheap sculpting tools to make the snake, then using food coloring like paint to color the chocolate.
 |
| Final result! |
 |
| The type of snake I was trying to make. |
 |
| Just don't look too close, haha! |
 |
| Joseph showing off his balloons and cake! |
 |
| Cake gets brighter every year... |
 |
| Happy birthday, Joseph! |
 |
| Time to cut the snake cake! |
I think he had a great birthday, even if it was a little all over the place. We love you, dude!
1 comment:
Wow Kiley, that snake cake was amazing--a work of Art! Joseph's birthday post was fun! We LOVE Joseph so much.
Post a Comment