Halloween was pretty fun this year! The older boys were (and still are) really into Super Mario. We thought it would be so much fun to have a family costume this year. Eli wanted to be Mario, but Joseph wanted to be King Boo instead of Luigi. That costume then went to Noah. I wanted to be Toad, Sam went with Bowser to match Joseph, and Eden...wanted to be Sisu from Raya and the Last Dragon. To satisfy my desire to have a family costume this year and Eden's to be a dragon, she ended up with two costumes, Sisu and Princess Peach. Now that we had our costumes, the festivities could begin!
 |
| Wearing costumes at dance. |
 |
| Time for the Monster Mash! |
Attending a Halloween Party at the local community center:
 |
| Coloring Trick-or-Treating bags. |
 |
| He had a mustache face-painted on. |
 |
| Eden wanted a rainbow. |
 |
| Costume Parade! |
 |
| Eden and Eli's age group. |

 |
| Eli won Cutest Costume! |
 |
| Joseph in the older kids' parade. |
 |
| Really laying into the character here! |
 |
| Joseph won Scariest Costume. |
Another Halloween-y thing we did was attend our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. There was a potluck, games with prizes for the kids, a pumpkin carving contest, and of course Trunk-or-Treating. This was the most decorated trunk I've done and I'm mighty proud of it!
 |
| The whole crew! |
 |
| Look at Luigi's gut! |

 |
| A true Princess through and through! |
 |
| It's a Mario Time! |
Boo!
 |
| I'm not sure I would ship these characters but we're sure cute! |









 |
| I had Super Mario Music playing in the background as well. The star became a favorite in the household so much that Eli named it Numi. I couldn't tell you why! |
There was a costume parade at the boys' school. I was sent these photos in the parent chat of Joseph.
 |
| Joseph still working it. |

There was a Halloween party at Eden's school. There were little games, a costume parade, and some Trick-or-Treating. She went as Sisu this time!

 |
| I helped with the fishing game. |
 |
| Costume parade! |

Lastly, actual Halloween night. The kids were so eager to go that I had to keep telling them to come back home until everyone was dressed and ready. Sam took them out while I stayed to hand out candy. Sadly our porch light only lights up with motion so we might not have gotten as many Trick-or-Treaters as we could have. The kids joined a gigantic group of other kids from the block to bombard houses. There was one young couple that just gotten back from the store, not even out of their car and there were swarms of children surrounding their vehicle asking for candy. Sam told me about it and I felt a little bad for them! But makes a funny story. Sad to know that we won't be walking this neighborhood next Halloween. There are a lot of kids our kids' ages and they knew them from school so it was extra fun.


The costumes were a hit and Noah loved his so much that he wears his hat constantly. We might have a use for them later as Super Nintendo World has opened at Universal Studios in February. We have plans to go and I think it would be super fun to go in our costumes, ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment