Happy 2 years around the sun, buddy! I just love you so much, you are a total ray of sunshine. This is one of my favorite ages, and I'll be sad to see you grow out of it. So I'll try to portray you at 24 months the best I can to capture it for years to come.
Well, we took you to the doctor recently and you are 35 inches tall and 28 lbs. You are on the taller side, but overall starting to average out. Maybe it's due to the fact that you are starting to get pickier with food. Your favorites are now the classic toddler snacks: fruit snacks, chocolate milk, animal crackers, go-gurts, corn dogs, and cereal. At this point, I don't really care as this has happened with all of your siblings. You are still not as picky as your sister, but you got time I guess! You like to take me into the kitchen for a snack, eat one bite of that snack, then demand a completely different snack. Then repeat that multiple times. It's funny and exasperating at the same time, silly boy!
You started therapy last year for an extra boost and it's really helped! You blow all your goals out of the water and although it's rough doing it five times a week we do have fun with it. So far you've learned to bead, draw lines and circles, sort colors, follow one-step directions, and other things for occupational therapy. When you started you had no words (didn't even know if you knew your own name), and now you have at least fifty words and express yourself pretty well. Now we are working on dressing and undressing and using two words together. I can't list all the words here, but your favorites include your family (Daddy, Mama, Ya-ya, Ni-Ni, and a name can't decipher for Joseph), wa-er (water), ca-cao (Mario), nigh-nigh (night), tickle, body parts (eye, ear, nose, bum-bum) and a bunch of others. I just love to hear you talk!
You have a lot of interests, but what I find funny is how much you like what your brothers like. Particularly Mario. It started around Halloween when I got you a Luigi costume and you insisted on wearing your Luigi hat all the time, even when Halloween ended. You enjoy watching them play on the switch or watch their gaming shows. Now you have a word for Pokemon (pika!). It's fun to see you follow your sibling around wanting to do what they are doing. You will pretend-play with your toys and it's so cute to watch! You love to be thrown in the air, twirled, tickled, and overall love rough play. You are getting really good at climbing too. I found you on the counter a few times, and you are starting to climb the little ladders at the playground. You also like to make your own obstacle courses with couch cushions, chairs, and your mini trampoline. You like to point out all the dogs we see when we are out and about and are adamant about doing certain things, like buckling the top button of your car seat or pressing the buttons to enter the code to get into Eden's preschool. Such a Mr. Independent sometimes!
When you are tired, you have a few comfort items. You have a yellow blanket that goes where you go often. We took binkies away for a while but reintroduced them when we tried to wean you. You did not like to be weaned! We cut back almost completely, I give in when you are sick, which we were for our birthdays. You will still ask, but I do my best to distract you. We brought the binkies back in hopes that it would help, and it did in a way. But you do like to chew them up, so hopefully we don't need them for too much longer. You gave up naps for the most part and at this point it's not worth it to make you as you are super upset and wake up grumpier than before most of the time. It's the earliest a child gave up on naps, but in some ways it makes it easier as I don't have to go by a nap schedule anymore with how busy our family can be in the afternoons.
I'm sure there is so much more about you I am missing, but you are one dynamic little man. You are so happy and learning so much every day! It's bittersweet watching my baby grow. I hope you keep doing you Noah because you truly are a light in my life and I'm so happy to be your mother. Have a wonderful year being two and don't grow up too fast! We love you so very much!
Love,
Mama













No comments:
Post a Comment