Sunday, April 26, 2020

An Easter for the Books

Hello to our avid readers! Easter this year was a little different and memorable. For the secular part of it I bought things for the kid's baskets weeks ago and was set there. However, I've been having trouble getting eggs as they are a pretty hot commodity these days. To help the eggs go farther I only hard-boiled the kid's eggs to dye so we could use the others for other cooking. Here are our sweet boys enjoying the process of dying eggs!






The next day was Easter! Sam had to work today so the kids searched for their baskets and got dressed while Sam was away. We also had an Easter lesson and watched a video about King Benjamin. Always nice when I can catch these kids smiling at the camera at the same time!


FYI Eden just loves to dance and starts dancing whenever she hears music. This is a video I took when the boys were playing with the different doorbell options.


Deviled eggs for lunch!


When Sam got home we started the Easter Egg hunt. The kids were really enjoying themselves. Eden totally got it this year and loved putting eggs in her little bucket.





WARNING: BLOOD! Not far into the hunt Eli tripped and feel into our patio furniture. This resulted in a good gash on his lip. I really did not want to head to Urgent Care, especially these days with that virus going around, but Sam happened to have stuff on hand to sew it back together. Eli was such a trooper. I held his hands and covered his eyes while Sam injected lidocaine and put a couple stitches in. He actually had to do it twice because Eli kept messing with the first set of stitches and they came undone.

Before
After

A week later. Lots better!

Sam's family did a family Zoom session and we enjoyed seeing everybody! I think technology is what is getting us through this quarantine.


Like I said, this was an Easter for the books. We sure love our family and so grateful for the Savior's sacrifice and victory over death. I can be with my family even after this life because of Christ!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

Great Easter posting, Kiley! Those dyed eggs turned out so pretty. So glad Eli's lip healed nicely! LOVE that beautiful boy.