Sunday, February 16, 2020

Eden at 18 Months

Eden turned 18 months in January and figured it's time for an update on this princess. She is a delight and learning soo much every day. Let me see if I can capture this girl at this age.


Not sure of her height and weight but I figured she is average, maybe on the slightly smaller side. Eden is walking and climbing. She can officially climb up onto our kitchen table and climb up the stairs. Eden is soo busy! And destructive. We nicknamed her the Destructress and she holds to it. Like ripping pages out of books and making impressive messes. Eden can be helpful too. She follows simple commands like getting her diaper, throwing away her diaper, getting her shoes, giving something to me, etc. 


I love her little words! I'm sure I'll miss some, but so far her vocabulary includes daddy, momma, hi, bye, nigh-nigh (good night), baby, puppy, happy, no, yeah, oh no, uh no, nana (banana), plea (please), tay too (thank you), Dodo (Joey), E-E (Eli), ribbit (frog), and daddy doo-doo (shark). You can tell she is her brother's sister with that last one. She can even answer yes or no questions and it makes it a little easier to get her what she wants. 


Her favorite toys are stuffed animals (especially puppies), baby dolls, blocks, and Little People. She wants to play with her brothers a lot of the time. She gets in their way so to speak but I love to see the bond she and Joey have. He's pretty patient with her and she with him. Eden also loves to dance and sings baby shark as well. I not so secretly hope she still loves to dance in another two years so I can try out dance lessons! In these pictures you can see how much she loves to be on that tricycle. I need to get Eli a bigger bike so she can take this one over.


Eden is sweet, but she can be a grumpy girl. She gives some nasty looks to people, haha. Luckily, a lot of her tantrums include gently laying herself on the ground and whimper to let me know she's not happy with me. She's a mama's girl but getting pretty social. She started nursery and has had no problems whatsoever. Nursery is such a blessing! She is wanting to sleep less. She and Joey switch on who wakes up early, but it's never together. Eden also doesn't like naps now but I'm not ready to give them up! Give it another 6+ months, girl.


Eden sometimes gets picky about what she wears, particularly shoes and jackets. Sadly she rips out any bows or bands I put in her hair soon after I put them in. Her hairs definitely longer than at her 1st birthday. She also has 10 teeth with 2 just coming through. That will make it easier feeding her. Eden also rips off any bib I put on her so she's always a mess at the end of the day!


Eden wasn't into books until recently and now she brings me books all the time. She can't quite sit through them but she's always carrying a book around. She also loves the frogs we recently got. Eden will pull a chair up to their terrarium and look at the frogs and say "ribbit". I love seeing her little brain work. It's amazing how quickly they pick up on things in this world. It's hard to say good bye to my baby girl.


We love you Eden!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

I love our little Eden! She is such a sweet, dark eyed beauty, and her smile melts us away! She is so active and fun-loving. We miss her and ALL of you!