There are a lot of pictures here, so I think I will let the captions do the talking for our Halloween this year!
 |
Joey wanted to be a praying mantis this year and they don't sell those costumes. I did a makeshift costume and it worked out well! I convinced Eli to be a bee and I bought Eden's costume at a second-hand store. |
 |
| Went to Sea World for their Trick-or-Treating event. This is the hay maze. |
 |
| My heart! |
 |
We decided to check out the Haunted Section of Sea World as a date. It was too busy to see the Haunted Houses but it was fun to be there with just us. |
 |
| We decided to decorate cookies. Sadly, we were in the middle of stomach bugs when we started this activity. |
 |
Joey had a character book parade. To keep his costume, we found this cute book from the library, My Fun Summer, by P. Mantis. |
We also enjoyed Story Time and Trick-or-Treating at the library.
 |
Joey's school had a Trunk-or-Treat and Dance. Forgot to take a pic of our Trunk, but here is the costume contest. |
 |
| Trick or Treating at Target. |
 |
| The church where Eli goes to MDO had a Fall Festival. It had a bouncy castle! |
 |
| Joey and Eli going on a hay ride with me. Forgot to get a pic of the horse! |
Face painting!
 |
There was also carnival games, a dunking booth, and a guy that came with a lot of wild local animals. |
 |
| At our ward Trunk-or-Treat. We made our trunk a garden and you can't tell, but I have butterfly wings to match our kids. |
 |
| Pumpkin decorating time! |
 |
| Eli wanted a silly face. |
 |
| Sam made an eye. |
 |
| "Eden" had a pretty face. Her pumpkin was tricky to carve. |
 |
Joey wanted-you guessed it-a praying mantis. I free-handed the drawing on the pumpkin and Sam carved it. |
Halloween night I started getting the kids in their costumes. I dressed Eli first, and when I was helping the others the doorbell rang. Thinking it was Trick-or-Treaters, I opened the door to find our neighbor with Eli. Yep, Eli was too excited and left without us noticing to go trick-or-treating. Luckily our neighbors were kind to bring him back. That kid!
2 comments:
Love the praying mantis theme throughout. How fun!
You guys had a full and FUN Halloween month! Loved all the cute costumes and the great activities!
Post a Comment