As I stated in the last post, we are expecting baby number three! We were unsure when to start trying again, and I totally did not feel ready to add another baby. Sam was talking to a resident a year ahead of him and was told the next year would be really difficult, so after some talking, we thought we needed to have that baby as soon as we could before he started. I was hesitant, but really there was no good time to have a baby while Sam was in residency so come what may. Now, with the other two pregnancies, I got pregnant before or when I wanted to. However, it took four months this time round, something I was not accustomed to. Very blessed, but still. There was one point my period was days late but no positive test was coming up. I dug up an old pregnancy test and I thought it said positive! I even made matching baby and daddy shirts to announce to Sam. Then my period came and I realized I read the test wrong. My period was never a week late before, and there were times when I was early. I finally got an ovulation kit to help and it did the trick! (Sorry if this was TMI).
My due date is August 1st, and although we didn't get pregnant before Sam starts his ophthalmology residency, we feel it worked out alright!
 |
| A real positive! Get ready! |
 |
| Four weeks, pretty fresh. |
I recommend not being newly pregnant during the Holidays. I mentioned this last post, but it was awful. In fact, even though I am past the nausea and dizziness, the thought of Christmas brings a wave back! I can't tell you the worst pregnancy, but I think I did the best with Joey, the least nauseous with Eli (although I got pretty sick with non pregnancy things), and the most tired, nauseous, and dizzy with this one. So glad I got past that!
My first ultrasound was by myself. As much as it is nice we get free healthcare through the military, I miss the easiness, choice, and the bells and whistles with Medicaid. The ultrasound clinic, for example, did not have a screen for me to see the baby, just the technician's screen (which she wouldn't let me look at until she was done). I got like three pictures and two were unclear. But I got this little gem and that was all I needed:
 |
| There's a baby! |
 |
| Our announcement to Facebook. |
 |
| Growing quick! Can't hide anymore. |
As far as gender, I was pretty sure it was another boy. "It's a boy" almost immediately popped in my head after taking the first test. This was followed by dreams of a boy and prayers where I could not help but pray to accept having another boy. Sam was able to come to the next ultrasound, so to make it fun, I looked away during the scan "down there" while Sam looked on. Next, he filled a piƱata that would be filled with either pink or blue things. When Joey got home from school, we headed to the park and busted that baby open. Here is the video:
It's a girl! I was very surprised after all my intuition pointed to a boy. But I am so excited! She is healthy active, and very loved. It makes the thought of having three kids less daunting but more exciting. Of course it will be the most difficult thing I will be doing up to this point in my life. But we have faith that everything will be fine, even with Sam's crazy schedule, being away from family, and having more kids than hands. Hopefully having Joey in school full time will help the craziness (or it might make it worse, haha). We love you baby girl!
 |
| Best birthday gift! |
 |
| Nothing there ;) |
 |
| Realizing I will only get bigger from here on out (sigh). |
No comments:
Post a Comment