Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mexico 2014

¡Hola a todos! This is Sam writing, here to give you an update on our wonderful summer (I have the laptop so Kiley doesn't have access to these photos...). I successfully finished my first year of medical school (woohoo!), and I will be starting a rotation at an internal medicine clinic in Albuquerque on July 7th. In the meantime, we have lots of celebrating to do!

The day after my last two examinations, Kiley and I left for Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point), Mexico with her family. We drove with Heidi and her kids, stopping in Tuscon, AZ for the night. We stayed in a super fancy casita for an awesome price - thank you uncle Mike!

Here are some of the highlights from Mexico:
  • Banana Boat (big, rubber boat pulled by a motor boat - super bumpy ride!)
  • Horseback Riding on the Beach
  • Shopping
  • Snorkeling (we saw tons of fun fish and lots of stingrays! In fact, two family members got stung - good thing we had internet to look up the first aid)
  • Canoeing (Zach and I canoed over 2 and a half miles one of the days)
  • Boogie Boarding
  • Nieve (I would say "helado," but they called their ice cream "nieve" for some reason - that means "snow")
  • Apples to Apples (although this game is not as fun with a bunch of kids who don't know what the words mean)

Zach and the boys:


Joey loves his grandpa Kartchner!


The delicious watermelon we smuggled across the border:


Joey had a great time playing with his cousins:







Leah enjoyed eating dirt much more than Joey did:




Joey and Kiley, my two favorite people!


Here's me:


Devery and Easton's beautiful family. We had a great time taking pictures for them!



We always love taking walks on the beach:





Not my glasses! I don't know if you can tell, but Joey already broke this pair - there's a piece of pink duct tape holding them together:


What a beautiful sunset!




We had a blast going to Mexico - Thank you Kevin and Doreen!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Those were some great pictures on there! (AKA Enter in the fair!)

Celestine said...

Sam, I LOVED your Mexico trip blog! It's full of family, romance, and happiness. What a fun trip for you and all the Kartchner's! I'm so grateful that Joey has all those cousins and two sets of grandparents to love him!