Thursday, May 15, 2014

Easter 2014















This year I wanted to dye eggs since we've never done that as a family any previous Easters.  I'm pretty proud with how they turned out (as you can see).  Next year I plan to do a non-traditional dying of the eggs.  Perhaps silk, or rubber cement, or metallic.

As for events, we enjoyed a nice Easter meal with the Hobbs side of the family along with fun family photos.



Perhaps next year Joey will understand the concept of the Easter Egg hunt.

However, I want to take a moment and focus on Jesus Christ.  Last Fast and Testimony meeting Shauna's brother gave a wonderful testimony that really touched my heart.  He had me imagine the Savior in the very next room and ponder what I would say or do once when I lay eyes on Him.  I don't even know.  I would probably some sort of guilt for hurting him one too many times.  However, I'm sure it would melt away as I feel the nail prints in His hands and feet and the guilt turns into immense gratitude for His love and sacrifice.  I'm not sure what to say, but in that moment, words would not express what I would want Him to know, and He would understand.  I know this day will come when I will meet my Savior.  I sure don't know when, but until then, I will strive to follow His commandments and keep my covenants.  I love my Savior and Redeemer.  I KNOW He lives.

Happy (very) Belated Easter!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

Hi dear Kiley, your words always brings me to tears! Thank you for sharing your testimony of the Savior and His Atonement. I too would be at a loss for words when I finally meet Him.

p.s. Your dyed Easter eggs were gorgeous!!