Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moments

School's officially back into session for us, and it's going pretty good so far. We made sure to take a "lighter" load this semester to get used to the responsibilities of both school and marriage. Sam's taking organic chem for his major and in preparing for the MCAT (which he could be taking in a year!) and I'm getting acquainted to my new major, Family Studies.

We are also taking an institute class together, and I absolutely LOVE the first lesson: the Plan of Salvation. Nothing brings you back into perspective like studying the wonderful plan Heavenly Father created for us. If anyone knows me, I really fret about the little things (like homework) and I always seem to lose that perspective. But I have to realize that those things never matter too much in the end, as long as I give my best effort. What really matters are those timeless moments that in this day and age are hard to recognize. I came across this Mormon Message and I loved the message: "May we slow down a little, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." I hope you like it, too!



3 comments:

Bethany Roper said...

Oh that was so good! I didn't know you changed your major. I hope you love it! Miss you!

Sam said...

I really loved the video! Thanks Kiley! You are the most amazing person ever! :)

Celestine said...

Hey you two lovebirds, I loved your posts! GREAT job Kiley! You and Sam are such an adorable pair :-). Your wedding, honeymoon, and school life together seem ideal and fun. Keep up the good work with your marriage and studies. I love you!! Mom Hobbs