Sunday, May 2, 2010

Baptism of Lyha and Phya

Jan. 11, 2010 (Happy middle of January 2010!)

Wow, this year's already going way too fast. In just one week we'll have transfers in the mission. 18 new missionaries are arriving, and 12 are leaving the mission. Also, this past Saturday, the new missionary couple arrived here in the mission - Elder and Sister Richardson! It's been lot's of work getting their apartment ready and starting to train them in the office, but it's is a great blessing to have them here in the mission. We are really excited to start working with them and having them here with us. :)

So, how's everyone doing back at home? How's Jessica doing with a new little life in her? Is she still getting nauseous a lot? That is so exciting! And how's little Mario doing? Is he talking a lot now? Whenever there are little kids here in the mission, I love talking to them and thinking of my little nephew that was just a baby when I left -- he's going to be HUGE when I get back!

Here in the mission, I'm getting ready for my transfer next week. There's still a lot of work we have to do here in the office, and I only hope that everything goes well! I spoke with our mission president the other day, and he told me that the financial secretary is the most stressful assignment in the mission. He said that after next week I'll be sent somewhere where I can relax a little bit more and focus entirely on missionary work -- so I'm excited to see where I'll be sent! I'll let you know on Saturday (or Monday, depending on how much work we have in the office).

This past weekend, we had an awesome baptismal service for Lyha and Phya, two sisters who received strong testimonies of the restored gospel. They are the David Vasquez's sisters, a recent convert. And, the rest of the family is now coming to church! Almost all of the adults are members of the church, but they stopped coming for many years. It is amazing to see the progress in this beautiful family and feel the love of God working miracles in their lives. I was going to send a bunch of pictures today, but I forgot my camera in our apartment! So, I'll just have to send double the number of pictures next time. :)

Well, I want you all to know how much I love you and think about you. You have all made such a difference in my life, and I am who I am because of your examples. I hope we can all stay strong and firm in the gospel of Christ and firm to the faith of our fathers. It is a wonderful time to live, and I love every minute I have to learn and grow! Take care, and have a wonderful 2010!

No comments: