Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

January 2, 2010 (the start of a new decade)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ¡Feliz Año Nuevo! Wow, I still can’t believe it’s 2010 already! Can you believe that this year I’ll already be coming home from the mission? It’s all passing by way too fast. But, I’m enjoying every minute and learning a ton! This mission has been and is the greatest experience of my life. I am excited for the upcoming transfer, though I have no idea what’s going to happen. I guess we’ll see in a couple weeks!

How is everything going in Albuquerqueville 2010??? Here in Antofagasta, for the New Year, we had a great and spiritual baptismal service for our investigator Javiera Jamet. On Sunday, after her confirmation, we had a Family Home Evening with all the family, and the spirit was really strong. Leah, one of Javiera’s cousins, has also decided to be baptized in 2 weeks, and the family is just blossoming. It is amazing to see the fruits of the gospel in families like the Jamets!

For New Year’s Eve, we went to the Mission home and again ate a huge Turkey dinner. It was great, and afterwards we enjoyed watching fireworks from our apartment’s balcony. Then, for New Year’s Day, we went to the mission home again and had an awesome lunch: steak, lamb, chorrizos, and more meat, all cooked on the grill! I really love President Urra and Hermana Urra; they are great examples and are such wonderful people. During our dinner on New Year’s eve, they served us wasabi, and you know what happens with missionaries and wasabi! We had a wasabi contest, and it was really funny. We got it on camera too. I’m not sure who won, but President’s son Marcelino left running to the bathroom after about 10 seconds with wasabi in his mouth. He said that he laughed while it was in his mouth, and it started to go up into his nose… Poor guy. :) Anyways, that was pretty funny for a New Year’s Eve game.

On Friday, for the New Year, we also went to the beach again, like last week. This time, we had another great day as Elder Galli, Elder Mortensen and I got a little lost in some caves down by the shore. It was an awesome little adventure. Then, we again played volleyball, and Elder Galli sent out a boat with a pamphlet of the Restoration out to sea. It was great fun.

Anyways, I’ve got to get going already! I love you all so much and hope that all is well! Let me know how everyone is and what some of your New Year’s goals are. :)

Have a wonderful 2010, and let’s make it the best year of our lives!












No comments: