Saturday, October 24, 2009

Over the hill?

September 26, 2009 (1 year in the mission!)

Wow, can you believe I've been here in the mission for over a year now????? It's so crazy!

This week we have been working super hard and seeing tons of great results. One of those is the baptism of Luis Julio that we will have later on today. I'll be sending some pictures next week.

One of the sad things that will happen pretty soon is that the missionary couple in the office will be leaving in October. That is why Elder Rivas is with us to train with the Steeds and learn all of the tasks that he will have to do when they leave. We received an email that a new couple will be arriving in December, so at least we have a new hope that the Steeds will be replaced. But even so, they will be dearly missed here in the office and in all of the mission!

The work here in Antofagasta is going great. I sure am learning a ton, and I feel so privileged to serve my Heavenly Father every day. I know that He has blessed me with lots of talents, and I only hope that I can serve him well and do what he what have me do here in Chile. There really are lots of people who are prepared just to hear my words, to feel of my testimony, and it is a great blessing to find and teach these people. In this same way, I know that the Lord is blessing and preparing people for each one of us, and I only hope and pray that we are ready and willing to help in this great cause. Yay missionary work! :)

Well, I really am not sure what else to say. How is everything going back at home? Please let me know if everything's okay. You already know that I love being here in the mission. I have met some of the greatest people, and I have really learned to love the Chilean people. Today, we have the baptismal service of Luis, and we will have a special musical number: "Cuando me bautice". Luis's girlfriend's family is also preparing a special musical number, the one from D&C 18: "Cuán grande su gozo será". It should be great. I wish you could be here to see all of our awesome investigators! It is such a blessing to be with them, to teach them, and to help them to be happy.

Well, I think that's about it for today. Sorry I don't have any new photos; I think I sent enough last week. :) Oh yeah, make sure you don't post any of our mission president on the internet where he could be embarrassed. I wouldn't want that to happen...

Thanks for everything! I love you all so much. Take care, and know that you are always in my prayers!

No comments: