Saturday, October 24, 2009

¡Bautismo!

October 17, 2009 (English is difficult.)

Wow, it's getting harder and harder to think of words in English. I think that's a good sign, but it'll be a little awkward at Christmas time when we can call home! Here in Antofagasta, the work is flourishing, and the Lamanites are blossoming as the rose (D&C 49:24). It really is amazing to work among these awesome people, and not only to teach them but to learn from them and see what a great and chosen people they are. I am especially grateful for all that my companions and my leaders are teaching me. But don't worry; the pictures of me reclining with my Pringles and soda is just a joke; we just wanted to take a picture of the TV on the AP's desk to send to our mission president, as we are storing lots of things for the new missionary couple who will be arriving in December (like the TV, the recliner, etc.).

Leciram was baptized this last Saturday! It was awesome. The spirit is always amazing at a baptism, a feeling that cannot be felt anywhere else, except in the temple and in the home. One of the greatest miracle of this baptism is that Leciram's mom came! Leciram's family was super against our church (I think it's because of ignorance, like with many people, who just don't understand the teachings of our church) at first, and that was the main stumbling block for many months and why she wasn't baptized. However, it was a miracle, and I know that she will be an awesome member. And, we could see that the spirit touched her mother's heart also, as tears were streaming down her face as we ended the baptismal service. So, since her family lives in another ward, we're sending the missionaries to her house to teach her family, and I pray that everything goes really well!

We recently received a new focus here in the mission to baptize 4 people before the end of the year and to have 10 inactive members attending sacrament meeting every week. It's going to be pretty tough, especially since there are 2 companionships in our ward now and the goal is not 4 baptisms but 8, and not 10 inactive members but 20. But, I'm excited to get working to achieve the goal that has been set. It'll be fun!

How's everything in the house? It's always great to here from home! I love you all so very much, and thank you to all who have written me. I know I don't have too much time to write every week, but I do hope you all know how much I love you and want you to be happy! I have a strong testimony of the divinity of the work in which I am engaged. No one has given me this testimony except for my Heavenly Father, through His Holy Spirit. I know that the church is true, and this gives me such great peace and happiness in my life. I only pray and hope that everyone has the same opportunity that I have had to learn more about the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ that they too can have this feeling of love abide in them.

Thank you so much for everything. Stay strong, and know that our Heavenly Father is always there for us, and He hears and answers our prayers.

Chile is awesome, by the way. :) If you want some more crazy stories or things like that, you'll have to let me know. I'm all up for crazy stories -- it's part of the adventure of being in a foreign place and learning to love the culture!

I love you all, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care -- talk to you in 2 months! Wow... It's crazy how fast time flies by...

No comments: