Monday, July 13, 2009

Saturday is my new P-day

June 27, 2009 (New P-day)

First of all, here in the office with my companions and the APs, we have P-day on Monday and Saturday, each half the day. I guess we write to our families each Saturday, so I'll start writing only on Saturdays from now on! Crazy, huh?

Thank you so much for the package! It came into the office yesterday, and so I had to have an early celebration. I've been working hard to solve the rubiks cube, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough. It's pretty tough... Jacob, you'll have to teach me when I get home! I'll be practicing, but still I don't think that it'll be enough. :) And the ties are amazing! I had a bunch of missionary friends trying to take them from me yesterday while we were waiting for their bus. I just gave them wasabi beans instead, and they almost cried because they'd never eaten wasabi before. I thought it was pretty funny.

Wow, this week has been pretty crazy. Since it's the first week of transfers, I had to do all the computer work for the missionaries coming in and leaving, as well as training sessions for the new missionaries and then the Zone leaders. Also, we had all the leaving missionaries in our apartment, and then all the zone leaders stayed in our apartment, and it's pretty crazy. There's tons that I have to learn and do, but I really do love learning, especially things like financing because I don't know much and it'll be really useful in the future!

To answer some of Jacob's questions: As the financer of the mission, I have to take care of all the money affairs. I have to pay bills, set up automatic deposit accounts for the mamitas and the missionaries, give reimbursement money to the zone leaders, etc., etc. Mostly, I sit in an office in the morning and a little into the afternoon, working hard to make sure all that we use the mission funds correctly. It's pretty crazy, and there's tons I have to learn, not to mention I have to learn it in Spanish!

But, it doesn't come without advantages. As I sit a good portion of the day, and Hermana Urra (the mission president's wife) likes to cook, I'm gonna get pretty big here in the mission and might make my goal of 300lbs. I also get to drive, so I'll learn how to manage the chilean roads. And, my cell phone can call to anyone with unlimited minutes. I thought that was pretty neat, especially since I didn't even have a cell phone before the mission.

Also, my sector is in the center of Antofagasta. We are working hard to help the people come unto Christ, and I am excited to help my new sector grow. There are now 5 missionaries in our ward, including 2 sister missionaries.

No comments: