Monday, July 13, 2009

My fat diary

July 11, 2009 (root beer floats, hamburgers, fries, onion rings, cookies, etc)

The work has been going really well for us here in Antofagasta. I think one of the greatest blessings is counsel that we recieved from our Area Presidency in regards to working with the less active members. We are now spreading a letter that was written by our area presidency that is called "Permaneced." As we've read from this letter and shared with lots of less active members in our ward, we've really seen miracles! I'm going to attach the letter, if you want to translate it and read it, because it really is amazing. Jacob, I'm sure this will be some good reading to help you learn Spanish! :)

For the 4th of July, we had a little party with all the office missionaries (me, Elder Brandau, Elder Hansen, the APs Elder Galli and Elder Shirley, and Elder and Sister Steed). We ate root beer floats and had hamburgers, fries, onion rings, cookies, etc. Then, we watched "Back to the Future." (We are the ones who have to approve movies for the mission to watch each transfer). It was really fun. I have some pictures, but I forgot to bring my camera to the office today so I can't send any -- Sorry! I'll send them next week. :) It was funny because Elder Galli is super Argentine and looked pretty awkward with all the decorations from the states. But, Elder Brandau, from Santiago, seemed just like at home. He told me that he just changes his nationality to fit in with the mayority. He says that he'll be Argentine on Argentina's independence day.

On the 6th, we also had a little activity playing soccer with our mission president and some other members. I've decided that I'm no good, but I knew that before I left for the mission. Still, it's pretty fun. :)

Well, that's pretty much it. The work is still going really well, and we're seeing tons of miracles. I wish I could share more with you, but I really don't have too much time to email! I want to write more by hand, but that is also pretty tough to do with the limited time on P-Day. Please forgive me! You can read my missionary journal when I come home (which means you'll still have to wait more than a year). There're some pretty good stories in there.

Well, that's pretty much it for now. I love you all so much! Thanks for all that you are doing at home; keep being amazing.

No comments: