Monday, July 13, 2009

Living in the mission home

June 23 2009 (Investigator's Dream)

Sorry that I'm so late in writing this week. We had a true week of miracles last week. One of the craziest is, after entering in a house and finding a family who was ready to receive the gospel, one of the ladies in the house started to tell us about some dreams that she's had. I'm telling you, everyone here in Chile has the craziest dreams ever! In one, she told us that she was in a really dirty river and that everything was dark. There were other people in the river with her. She looked in the distance and saw a whole bunch of people on a really narrow path walking forward. They were in the light and heading for an even greater light. This lady wanted to get out of the water and get on the path but she didn't know how. Can you say Lehi's dream? :) It's really crazy to understand, speak, and help all the people find faith in Christ, even through interpreting their dreams!

On Sunday, after church, President Urra called me and my companion. I was thinking: Oh no, I hope we didn't do anything too bad! President Urra asked to speak to me, and he told me that I had my first assignment in the mission: the financial secretary. I accepted, so on Monday I spent all day traveling to the mission office in Antofagasta! The only sad part is that we were going to have a baptism in my other sectore this Saturday, but it's okay. I think the real miracle of the mission is being able to teach with the spirit and see a great change in the lives of the people. I love being a missionary!

I really like my new sector. And, it's great to be the financial secretary, difficult and tons of work, but great. I have a lot of responsibilities and have to pay tons of bills and manage all of the money of the mission, and my head really hurts right now after a full day of training (in Spanish!), but it doesn't come without advantages! Look at the pictures -- the mission office apartment is on the 12th floor of a nice complex and overlooks the ocean. My companions are amazing: Elder Brandau (the secretary of Pdte. Urra from Santiago, Chile) and Elder Hansen (my financial trainer from Las Vegas). This transfer is going to be really tough, especially with so many responsibilities, but I know that Heavenly Father will help me as I strive to serve him. And, I have some of the greatest leaders here in the mission! :)

I'm also sending a picture of my past companion, Elder Rivas, who I will miss a lot. We had some great conversations, and it was one of the greatest transfers to learn, develop my teaching skills, and gain a great friend. However, I have learned that whenever we become a bit comfortable with where we are, we are given more tests and trials to prove our faith and pacience. Should be fun! ;)

Well, I guess that's it for now. It's 9:45 pm in the mission office at my desk (crazy!), and I gotta walk back to the apartment with my new companions. I love you all so much! Take care!





No comments: