Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm getting Fat

July 4th, 2009 (Independence Day)

Just a little note to say that all is well here in Antofagasta. The weather is great, I still haven't seen rain in the mission, and there is plenty of work to do. This week, I have been working like crazy in the office because we are changing our entire system to pay all the mamitas, rent, etc. The crazy thing is that I can actually do it, even though it's all in Spanish! Whoa, how loco is that? :)

I'm sending some pictures of me at my desk with some money, the Borne Identity shot, and my companion Elder Brandau. How fun, eh? :)

Here in the office, there is a couple missionary who likes to spoil us: Elder and Sister Steed. They don't speak too much Spanish, so we do all the translating, and in turn, they give us huge amounts of food! The other day, Elder Steed bought me and my companions McDonalds: 3 Big and Tastys a piece! And the best part of it is that we ate it all. MMmmmm... Today, for the 4th of July, we're going to have an American Barbeque in their apartment (which is right above our apartment, in the Yacht Club of Antofagasta). I'm pretty excited!

We've been working hard in our sector also. It's true that here in Chile, our work is mostly aimed towards the less active/inactive members of the church. This trimester, we are focusing once again on re-activation. But, that doesn't mean we're not going to baptize! In my past ward, two of my investigators are getting baptized. My past companion, Elder Rivas, is going to send me some photos, and then I'll send them to you. It is always amazing to see the changes in the lives of the people here in Chile. I really do love serving as a missionary.

Well, the life is great. I'm loving every minute as a missionary. Ahora, tengo que pensar en espaƱol para trabajar otra vez. Les quiero mucho, y ¡nos vemos en 15,5 meses!



No comments: