Sunday, June 21, 2009

Laughing about Jacob's wedding

June 15, 2009 (Almost 20)

I was just thinking how crazy it is to think that I'm almost a fifth of a century. How fast the time flies when we're living life to the fullest! If you want to know the best thing to send for my birthday, it's just money. I can buy almost anything down here in Copiapó because there are tons of stores that are based in the states. It's great. The only thing I really don't have is some good pictures of the family all together. That would be sweet. :)

I loved hearing about Jacob's adventures -- I was laughing so hard! I hope Jacob doesn't mind. It's something he'll cherish the rest of his life, all the stories for his kids. Tell him that when he gets a chance I want to see pictures of the wedding!!!!! :)


Hmm, so I hear that I'm the last one left to get married. How crazy. But, don't worry. I won't get married for a while. I'm too busy serving down here in Chile! We're having some great success right now in my sector. Our church attendance is hurting a little bit because of Sábanas and his many temptations, especially because the weather is starting to get a little bit colder, but I know that somehow we can get it back up. This is the work of the Lord, and where there is a will there is way.

What more is new? I'm sending a picture of me and Elder Rivas for you to enjoy. We are going to go to a conference on Thursday in Antofagasta where 2 general authorities are going to speak to us. Yay! Other than that, I'm just working like crazy.

Well, I'm off to teaching the gospel. Take care, and know that I love you!

Love,

Elder Hobbs

PS. Here's an exerpt from my letter to Presidente Urra. I hope my Spanish is getting better! ;)

Estamos compartiendo con una familia actualmente donde no todos son miembros. Creo que le conté ya un poco de como encontramos a esta familia. Tocamos puertas y entramos de inmediato. La Hermana Raquel es una miembro menos activa, y ella está lista para regresar a la actividad de la iglesia. También, sus hijos (Katherine y Max) no son miembros pero son muy receptivos al mensaje de la restauración. Tuvimos algunas lecciones con ellos esta semana, incluso una noche de hogar en nuestro barrio. Todo salió muy bonito, y ¡los hijos están progresando hacia el bautismo! La mamá tiene un testimonio fuerte de la iglesia y en realidad quiere entrar en el camino correcto y perseverar hasta el fin. A Élder Rivas y yo nos encanta enseñarles porque siempre el espíritu santo está en abundancia.

El único problema que tenemos actualmente es que hace frio los domingos y les cuesta a muchos levantarse de su cama, incluso a los miembros. Está semana, queremos hacer más para que haya más personas que puedan asistir y disfrutar las bendiciones de la reunión sacramental y la santa cena.

babelfish translation: We are sharing with a family at the moment where all are not member. I believe that I told him already a little how we found this family. We touch doors and we entered immediately. The Raquel Sister is a less active member, and she is ready to return to the activity of the church. Also, their children (Katherine and Max) are not member but they are very receptive to the message of the restoration. We had some lessons with them this week, even one night of home in our district. Everything left tuna very, and the children are progressing towards the baptism! The mother has a strong testimony of the church and in fact she wants to enter the correct way and to perseverar until the aim. To Élder Rivas and I enchant to teach to us to them because the spirit santo always is in abundance.

The unique problem that we have at the moment is that it does cold Sundays and costs to many to rise to them of its bed, even to the members. It is week, we want to do more so that there are more people than they can attend and to enjoy the blessings the sacramental meeting and santa has dinner.

No comments: