Monday, May 4, 2009

Seven (7) months

April 27, 2009 (Time is flying by....)

Hello my family (and everyone who will receive the forwarded message from my mom)! Wow, can you believe that I've been out in the mission for 7 months already??? I can't believe it! The time here is flying by like crazy.

We had another week filled with miracles. I had the great chance to baptize one of our little investigators: Ayleen Soriano. I'm sending some pictures from before the baptism with Ayleen, my companion Elder Knackstedt, and Ayleen's family. When my companion and I filled the baptismal font, we found that the cold water wasn't working, so we turned the heat down a bit. But, I guess we didn't turn it down enough because the water was still really hot! You should've seen the face on Ayleen! It was really funny. So, we ended up BURNING the sins out of Ayleen! :)

We still haven't received the information about our call on Mother's day, so I'll keep you informed right when I get the info. But, this week was truly amazing. Even with the baptism, we taught 19 lessons with members present and 10 other lessons. We have 7 investigators with a baptismal date for the 9th of May, the last Saturday of this transfer. So, I guess we'll have a lot to talk about on Mother's day! But, I don't know, it's really awkward for me to speak in English. I guess that's a good thing, but my Spanish still isn't perfect. Oh well, I still have 17 months to go! I plan on serving with all my might every minute of every day! I love being a missionary -- it rocks! ;)

This week, we taught a lady named Maritza. Her son, Ricardo, is a member who recently returned from his mission. While he was serving, Elder CaƱellas and I visited with Maritza, but she wasn't really interested in our message. She just wanted to see her son again! Now that her son has returned, Maritza is coming to church every week. We are teaching her, and we can see that she knows this church is true. We explained a bit about baptism, and Maritza basically told us that she will be baptized, but when we challenged her for a specific date (May 9th), we could see doubts enter her mind. She said no, but we left her with an invitation to pray to know if she should be baptized this day or no. She happily accepted our invitation. I'm looking forward to our next visit to see how it went! I'm really grateful for Ricardo and his example for his mom. It's incredible to see the great change wrought in the heart of his mom just by the example he has set.

Well, I am grateful for all of your emails and your support. Thanks for all that you do for me! I am loving every minute of this mission, and even when I can see my weaknesses and when I make mistakes, I know that if I can just press forward with faith in Christ, everything will be all right. Let me know how things are going at home! I love you all!

No comments: