Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Area! Lot's of dirt! Desert!

Transferred (May 18, 2009):

I don't have much time to write, just want to tell you that I love you and that I'm doing great! I'm sending some pictures from my 18-hour trip from Arica to CopiapĆ³. I'm not sure mom would like to make the journey since she likes the green, rolling hills. You have to get used to the dirt if you live in a place like the Atacoma desert.

My new companion is Elder Rivas. He is amazing! A great teacher and a great missionary. Our sector is called Los Pimientos, and the work is a little slow. About 70 people attend church regularly, and we don't have many investigators. But, I'm super excited to get to work and help this ward grow! The chapel is really neat also. It has 2 stories, even though it's really small. We have Sacrament Meeting upstairs. There's also a ping-pong table upstairs and a tiny kitchen. It's fun! :)

I really love the members in my new ward. They are really great, and feel especially blessed with a gift of words to speak, understand, teach, and everything! It's still pretty crazy to think that I can speak Spanish. It's a true miracle, even if the Spanish I speak is filled with the slang from Chile and tons of non-existent words in other countries. All the more crazy!

I don't know if I've told you this before, but there are always a bunch of earthquakes here in Chile! It's really fun. Yesterday, we had an earthquake before church. It was actually pretty strong, and my companion and I were laughing because we said that God was waking up our investigators so that they could come to church!

Well, not much more to say. Thanks for sending me the email from Dillon -- I'll write him as soon as I can! But can you tell him for me that I can't email him? Still, he can see all of my emails and my blog if he wants! He can email me also; I just can't email him back. :p




No comments: