Monday, March 23, 2009

Saw a movie in Spanish...

March 23, 2009 (Thinking in Spanish)

Hello family!

Well, it's getting harder an harder to think and speak in English, so I'll just take that as a success. Yay! :) Today we watched the movie: "La vida es bella" in Spanish with subtitles in English. It was great! But the Spanish was a lot better than the English subtitles. I never thought I'd say that...

Thanks for your emails and pics from your trip to the Grand Canyon! Wow, it looks amazing. I'm pretty jealous; we'll have to go again when I come home! Oh, and if you want to send money for Easter, feel free. I won't complain. :) Just so you know, I usually use the money to buy more food so I can get fat. But, I'm thinking about buying some more white shirts or possibly a souvenir from Arica. I guess we'll see...

Hmmm, I guess I have 6 months in the mission tomorrow! It's kinda crazy how fast the time is passing here. The days and weeks just seem to fly by. This week, my companion got sick with brochitis (I think I got him sick), and so I had some great time to study the scriptures, Jesus the Christ, and Spanish in our apartment while he was resting. Still, we saw many miracles as we left for a few hours each day to labor for the Lord. The crazy thing is that I think studying the scriptures in English is the best way to learn Spanish. No joke. When we left, I really felt fluent and comfortable speaking in Spanish, and even scriptures that I studied in English were brought to my mind in Spanish. Have the days of miracles ceased? I think not!

This week, we had the great chance to teach Kimberlly, and I really felt the spirit strong during our lessons. We set a baptismal date for April, but I'm sad because I might not be here! (transfers are next week...) Still, I have done all I can to help Kimberlly accept the gospel, and I really have seen miracles with her progress. Before we taught her, she told us that she didn't believe in God. Now, not only does she have a testimoy of the gospel and her Heavenly Father, she's willing to change her life greatly to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. What great blessings there are in the Gospel!

Also, I get to baptize my first person this Saturday. Her name is Ambar, an 8-year-old in our ward (a ward baptism). I'll send some pictures next week!

We also had a ton of succes with the less active members this week. As we focused our efforts on finding and helping them, we really did see miracles. I guess it all goes with the blessings of obedience -- when we follow the counsel of our priesthood leader with exactness, the Lord is bound to His words and we receive blessings. Do you know what scripture mastery that comes from, Dad? ;)

Life is great. I love being a missionary and serving the Lord! I've finally found that I've developed more charity and love for the people here in my area. I was thinking that I might leave the area this transfer, and it made me feel really sad! I don't want to leave the people here in Arica, in my ward, in my sector, because they really have become like second family to me. But, I will go wherever the Lord commands. It's a great thing to know that because of the service I was privileged to render, my ward is a little stronger, the faith of the members and non-members alike is a little greater. What a miracle to have been blessed with this great opportunity!

Lo siento porque no tengo fotos con este correo electrónico, como a ustedes les prometí; más, ¡la próxima semana las voy a enviar, si o si! No tengo mucho tiempo más para escribir, pero espero que sepan que les quiero muchisimo!!! Gracias por su apoyo, amor, instrucción, etc. todo mi juventud y en la actualidad. ¡Me hace feliz saber que estaremos juntos para siempre! Oh, y me acuerdo algo: Jacob, ¿cómo estás con tu polola [novia]? Tienes que decirme porque somos hermanos. ¡Es cierto! ¿Tienen una fecha?

babelfish: I feel it because I do not have photos with this electronic mail, as to you I promised to them; more, to the next I am going them week to send, if or if! I do not have long time more to write, but I hope that they know that I want to them very enormously! Thanks for its support, love, instruction, etc. all my youth and at present. Me it lets happy know that we will be together for always! Oh, and I decide something to me: Jacob, how you are with your polola [fianc2ee]? You must say to me because we are brother. It is certain! They have a date?

babelfish:

Well, chau! Gotta go! Love you all!

No comments: