Sunday, February 15, 2009

Moldy Rice

Feb. 9, 2009: Whoa! Where is the time going?

Hello my family! Another week has come and passed, but I still can't believe it. Didn't I just email you yesterday? :)

First off, the pictures I'm sending are for mom because I know that she'll love it. It's a picture of some rice that we made a few weeks back when our papito was out of town (attending the temple in Bolivia). Do you notice anything strange about the rice? Is it normal to have green clumps? ¿Te gusta arroz verde?

Bueno, entonces esta semana fue buenisima. Mi compañero, Elder Cañellas, me está dejando en más o menos una semana, pero el es un buen ejemplo para mi. Aunque tiene él menos que 10 días más, ¡no está tronky! [homesick]. Estabamos trabajando mucho ésta semana por llevar almas a Cristo, y he visto en realidad los milagros de Dios. El viernes, tuvimos un intercambio en nuestro distrito. Yo trabajé con Elder Brown, un misionero gringo con mas o menos la misma experiencia como yo. Especialmente en este día, vi el amor de Dios, y sentí su espíritu apoyarme y ayudarme recibir el don de lenguas y la interpretación de lenguas. Yo sé que cuando necesite yo entender, entendré. Cuando necesite hablar, podré hablar. ¡Cual gran es el poder y el amor de Dios! Me encanta ser un misionero para servir y trabajar. No hay un mejor llamamiento en esta vida. :)

Here is the babelfish translation:

Good, then this week was best. My companion, Elder Cañellas, are leaving me in more or less one week, but it is a good example for my. Although it less has than 10 days more, he is not tronky! [homesick]. Estabamos working much this one week to take souls to Christ, and I have seen in fact the miracles of God. Friday, we had an interchange in our district. I worked with Elder Brown, a foreign missionary with more or less the same experience like I. Especially in this day, I saw the love of God, and felt its spirit to lean and to help me to receive the gift of languages and the interpretation of languages. I know that when I need to understand, entendré. When it needs to speak, I will be able to speak. What great one is the power and the love of God! It enchants to me to be a missionary to serve and to work. There is no a better call in this life. :)

Man, isn't it weird to think that everyday I'm just speaking, thinking, eating, dreaming, and walking in Spanish? I was thinking of that the other day, and it just blew my mind. But somehow, it's true. Crazy... Anyway, this week was amazing. I really feel the blessings of my Heavenly Father in helping me learn this language! This week, I continued having choir practice Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday in order to prepare for our ward conference this coming Sunday. I don't think we're ready yet, but I just pray we can pull it together before Sunday comes!!! I also taught the English class on Wednesday, and it went really well. Right now, I'm getting ready for a violin performance this coming Friday. We have a lot of activities in our ward this week to prepare for the conference, and in one of them, the Bishop asked me to play the violin! So, I'm staying pretty busy with it all down here in Arica.

We taught an investigator this week (Matias), and we challenged him to be baptized on the 21st of this month. The only thing we were lacking was permission from him mom, and so that is what we prayed and fasted for on the first. And guess what? She gave her permission! Now we just need to make sure he comes to church a few more times to ensure that he won't go inactive once we leave the area. I really do hope I can help all the investigators I have have a strong testimony of the gospel so they won't fall away! We've been working with re-activating the inactive men of our ward, and we have a gigantic list. We have about 120 people who attend our ward, and yet our records show over 1000 people! So, it's been some hard work to try to clean up this list, but it's all worth it. This is why I'm here!!!

Let's, there's not too much more to say. I did some service this week (like always), and I've been enjoying the last few days with my companion before he goes home. The members like to cook us really good food since he's leaving soon. It's great! We had some steaks at the house of our stake president and more elsewhere. Oh man, the life of a missionary is great!

Anyway, all is well here. The work is hard because everyone is still on vacation or at the beach, but I know that I'm doing all I can to serve the Lord. It is the greatest work in the WORLD!!! :D I'll just keep on doing my thing down here. Keep on being amazing back in Albuquerque! Enjoy the college life, Jacob! Take the class "Journey through Genius" if you have the chance (you have to enroll in the Honors Program! It's the best).

Thanks for the emails! Thanks Jared and Jessica, keep on being amazing. Are you going to take that job in Santa Fe, Jared? I think that would be cool. Santa Fe is a really neat city. How's it like living like an old person, Jessica? Do you like it? You should send me some pictures of your apartment!

I love you all! Thanks for the support and everything. If you want anything more specific about Chile or whatever, just tell me. That's what I'm here for. :)


No comments: