Monday, September 22, 2008

Mission! (Almost...)

Hello all! I'm just blogging to say that I'm sorry I never blog anymore, but I am going to be set apart as a full-time Elder in about 4 hours! I've been slacking in my picture-taking, but hopefully I can do better at that as well. Here are some things that have been going on here in the ABQ:

Courtney Dawson's Wedding! Go Courtney!

Rackel coming to visit! It was awesome to see you, Rackel!

Jessica borrowed a couple of babies to hint to her hubby her heart's true desire:

And of course, how can you forget the photo-shoots in the new suit? Thank you to Grandma Pitcher for getting me this amazing suit and throwing a family party last night!

Thank you mom and dad for always being the greatest parents! I don't know what I would have done without you. Enjoy your peace and quiet while I'm away!

Okay, last of all, I just want to say that you can probably keep checking my blog for updates. I have added some of my family members as authors, so if nothing is posted for a long time, it's not my fault! I'm planning on sending pictures home and writing often, so I guess we'll see how it goes. If you want to keep in touch, here are the addresses that you can reach me at starting Wednesday:

Starting on 24 September 2008, you can write to me at the following address:

Elder Samuel David Hobbs
Chile Antofagasta Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

I'll probably go to Chile sometime around the middle or end of November (I should be getting the specifics after I get to the MTC). After I get to Chile, I have a pouch mail address. I can only receive postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top (no envelopes). The address will be:

Elder Samuel David Hobbs
Chile Antofagasta Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
USA

When I find out anything else, I'll try to get the word out. I am so excited to go serve! Thank you to all my friends and family out there who have helped me along the way!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

We'll miss your posts!! I know you'll be a great missionary!!

Angela said...

Good luck Sammy. We're glad we were able to see you last month. You'll be a great missionary.