Friday, May 16, 2008

No More School!

I just realized that I have no more school for the next two and a half years! Woo hoo! I'm pretty sure I did well on all my finals (I just finished my physics final this afternoon), and now I am ready to go off and serve a mission. My mission papers are being processed in Salt Lake (as of Wednesday), so I should get my call within the next couple of weeks. Yay!

In other news, I was recently awarded the Rana Rose and Hy Adler Award for Outstanding Freshman. This is an annual UNM Honor's Program scholarship of $300 for two freshman based on faculty nominations. I guess it pays off to get to know the professors! (and yes, that is my Honor's professor reading from my self-published book... oh man, I hope she didn't find too many typos...)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Woo hoo! Cheers to two years of no school! Congrats on the award too! Can't wait to hear where you're going.

Mike said...

Nice plug for your book Sam!