Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mission Call!

Yes, it finally came! I wanted to call everyone up, but seeing as I'm going on a campout in about fifteen minutes, it doesn't look like that will happen. So, without further adieu, the mission call:

My mom was at work, and seeing as I wouldn't see her until Saturday, I decided to give my mom the news over the phone. Here is the letter that I read to her:

When my mom heard "Houston Texas," she freaked out! Why Houston??? But, sorry to spoil the fun, I was not called to the Houston Texas Mission. Here is the real letter that came in the much-anticipated package from Salt Lake:

I have been called to serve in the Chile Antofagasta Mission, Spanish speaking. I report to the MTC on September 24th. I am so excited, but I now have to leave for my campout!

7 comments:

Tresann said...

yeah sam hobbs!!!!! i am so excited and thanks for signing my book!!!!

Melanie said...

Yeah!! Congrats! Super mean to trick your mom that way. haha

Dan said...

Congratulations Sam, that's way neat. You'll be a great missionary.

P.S. Nothing wrong with Houston either, I went there on my mission.

Jhulissa said...

Chile!! Spanish Speaking.. Congrats!! We will finally be able to talk a lot!. haha..

Sam said...

Thanks you guys! I just got back from my campout and had a great time; I'll probably be posting about it in the near future. I am very excited to go to Chile and serve the Lord. And sorry about Houston, Uncle Dan. My mom had told me earlier that Houston would be much too hot and humid for me, so I thought she'd get a kick out of that. :)

Rachel said...

Hi Sam! Congratulations. You'll be super. However, I still think you should have put on your papers that your girlfriend was teaching you Polish. All those lessons gone to waste! BUT here's an idea... now that you will be here until September, maybe you should stay in the branch a little longer. You don't have to be social. We just need you!

jenni the artist said...

Congratulations Sam! I have a friend here from Chile, and she was telling me that some people still live grass-hut style, but she did not. She said it is pretty cool because it is so vast. At the bottom of Chile you can see penguins, and well obviously, the weather is quite different up north! Way to go Sam! You will be a great missionary!