Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tent Rocks

On this glorious Saturday, our branch had a hiking activity at Tent Rocks, a national monument in northern New Mexico.

There were some pretty sweet rock formations!

Here is Amanda and some of the formations that we hiked around:

There was also a couple parts where we had to climb up using ropes. How exciting!

Of course, Johnny doesn't really need the ropes. What a beast!

Following our adventures with rope, crumbly ground, and steep ascents, I decided to have fun with some pictures. It was difficult to take these because the sun was so bright that I couldn't see my camera screen, but they didn't turn out too horribly:

Wait, who is that?!?!

Why, it's Amanda! Incredible!

I have a new hypothesis on why Johnny is so beastly: he's made out of solid rock!

Even after all the fun and pure exhilaration of this trip, we were dead tired when we got back. While driving back to Albuquerque, we slept, tied knots, and sang in falsetto.

Well, it is now time for me to bid you goodbye. I am off to prepare a presentation for my honors class. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Cel & Mike said...

That looks like a sweet hike! Amanda was incredible!