Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter and a Super Bug

Easter Sunday was amazing! Here is the delectable dinner that my mom cooked up. And yes, I finished that entire plate. Either I was super hungry after the Grand Canyon or just sick of freeze-dried food...

Two Saturdays ago (after Prom), I noticed a little redness on my finger. I went to the Grand Canyon not thinking anything of it, and it soon swelled into a nasty bump. The skin started peeling off, and it hurt like crazy! It turns out that I have a MRSA infection (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, aka the Super Bug), which is really bad. I got a MRSA infection in my knee right after my last surgery, so now I'm pretty sure that I have MRSA colonized on my skin. It's gotta be from the plethora of MRSA infected patients I've cared for. Ah, the dangers of healthcare!

1 comment:

Cel & Mike said...

Looks so much better Sammy!