Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Post-Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a most excellent Valentine's Day! (or, as many have called it, "Singles' Awareness Day"). My day was replete with plush stuffed animals, the serenading of girls, junk food, lots and lots of homework, and an incredible double date.

First, some of the greatest things in Albuquerque -- the sunsets. I decided to take a few shots through my dorm window, and they didn't turn out too bad:

This week, I was commissioned by the one and only Sean Naegle to write a love song for his girl. I used lyrics from a poem that he wrote, changed them up a bit, and put them to music. And, since I wrote most of the final lyrics, I also get to use it as one of my love song, so it became my Valentine serenading song. Here I am while I was in the process of practicing and perfecting it:

video

I went to early morning seminary to show Naegle the song, and afterwards I stopped by my house to find my parents had gotten me more Valentine presents! Look, another lion and more junk food! My parents know me all too well...

Well, I'm a pretty lame person, so I had no ideas of what to do for Valentine's Day other than sit in my dorm and work on homework, maybe strumming on the gee-tar and singing a depressing love song or two. Luckily, I got a call from Sara Hardy telling me that she and Kirsten Johnson wanted to go on a double date. So last night, I went out with Sara and Sean Larson went out with Kirsten. We had a blast eating dessert at Flying Star, and then we headed over to Wal-Mart. We split up, and each couple got $2 to spend on a Valentine's gift for the other couple. Here's the sketchy gift Sean and Kirsten purchased for me and Sara:

Sara and I happened to find goldfish for 28¢ a piece, so we bought them 6 goldfish. I have no idea what they're going to do with them, but it makes for a good story.

Since I got home a little late, I was a bit tired while working out this morning, but luckily I have a 4 hour break between my weight training class and Calculus, so I just got up from a nice nap (hence the blogging enthusiasm). Have a splendid Post-Valentine's Day, everybody!

1 comment:

Celestine said...

You sappy little love song singer! Sure enjoyed your blog entries. I love you Sammy!